This record (R9407094) is held in Archives New Zealand, Wellington Office  · Order this item to view in this Office


RECORD INFORMATION print this page

Title Years
Post Mortem Book (R9407094) 1929 - 1959

Item ID Agency Series Accession Record group Box / Item Sep Record no. Part Alternative no. Record type
R9407094 ADHS W5473 99 / Text



FURTHER DETAILS OF THIS RECORD

ACCESSION period responsible
W5473
Patient Registers and Indexes more detail…
1864 - 1988

CONTROLLING AGENCY / DEPARTMENT period responsible
AEJV
Braemar Hospital more detail…

Braemar Hospital was an institution run by the Nelson Hospital Board, primarily for people with intellectual disabilities. It appears that the early focus was on children, but by the 1950s the Hospital also catered for adults, and was a specialist service for people with an intellectual disability. The Braemar site was immediately opposite Nelson Hospital on Waimea Road, Nelson and was amalgamated with the Hospital in 2000.


unknown - unknown
AEJS
Nelson Mental Hospital more detail…

The Nelson Lunatic Asylum opened in 1864 on Waimea Road.

Braemar Lodge was built in 1915, and “Braemar” became the name for the whole asylum complex. Ngawhatu Psychiatric Hospital in Stoke was opened in 1922 and all patients were transferred from Braemar to Ngawhatu.


unknown - unknown
AEJU
Ngawhatu Psychiatric Hospital more detail…

Ngawhatu Psychiatric Hospital in Stoke, was opened in 1922 and all patients were transferred from Braemar to Ngawhatu. In 2000 Ngawhatu Psychiatric Hospital was closed and its functions and services became part of Nelson Hospital.


unknown - unknown
ADHS
Nelson Marlborough District Health Board more detail…

The Nelson Marlborough District Health Board was established on 1 January 2001 under the Public Health and Disability Act 2000. The Board provided health services to around 140,000 people in Nelson, Marlborough and Golden Bay. It replaced the Nelson Marlborough Health Services (a Crown Health Enterprise [CHE]).


unknown - unknown
ADHS
Nelson Marlborough District Health Board more detail…

The Nelson Marlborough District Health Board was established on 1 January 2001 under the Public Health and Disability Act 2000. The Board provided health services to around 140,000 people in Nelson, Marlborough and Golden Bay. It replaced the Nelson Marlborough Health Services (a Crown Health Enterprise [CHE]).


unknown - unknown

   OPEN ACCESS

Anyone can order this record. It may be viewed at the office shown below, or a copy ordered.
ENQUIRE ABOUT THIS ITEM
A digital copy of this item can be viewed HERE.

ARRANGE TO VIEW THIS ITEM IN THIS OFFICE

Wellington Viewing Services are currently suspended due to COVID-19
— for details visit www.archives.govt.nz.

Record Location:

Archives New Zealand, National Office, Wellington
10 Mulgrave Street
Wellington 6011

Ph: 04 499 5595Fax: 04 495 6210
Email: research.archives@dia.govt.nz


  
top

Version Number: 26
Date Approved: 16/12/2021