No restrictions on the content, but there are some access conditions required for the records listed below:
1. Item R22311852: Reproduction forbidden without permission of, and acknowledgement to Otago Early Settlers Museum - This photograph must be acknowledged to the Alexander Turnbull Library, Wellington - Ref. No. 1435 MNZ ? (duplicate print)
2. Item R22311851: This photograph must be acknowledged to the De Maus collection, Alexander Turnbull Library, Wellington - Ref. No. 12699? (duplicate print)
Also, some records are protected under section 49(1)(a) of the Public Records Act 2005.
1. Film and Negatives - not issuable due to technical formats. Contact Archives New Zealand for permission to view or availability of alternative access provisions. Viewing is appointment only.
2. Damaged Photographs - very fragile and is therefore restricted. Contact Archives New Zealand for permission to view or the availability of alternative access provisions. Viewing is by appointment only.
3. Photographs - these records require that gloves are worn when viewing.
Access Services, Archives New Zealand, PO Box 12 050, Wellington, New Zealand
read more about restrictions…
Once you have been granted access, bring the original letter with you when you place your order for the records.