1) Access to teachers salary cards/staff files is restricted (this includes boxes 531-550). An individual may view their own card/file with suitable proof of identity. All other requests should be referred to the Ministry of Education.
Possible restrictions on other records in this accession have not yet been finalised, and enquiries should be directed to the Ministry of Education. These include: Box 486-492 and 495 - Annual returns Box 500-502 - Special classes Boxes 503 and 504 - Non-attendance Boxes 505-510 - Wellington Education Board agendas Boxes 511-513 - Wellington Education Board Clerk's papers Box 514 - Annual reports Box 514 - Inspector's reports Box 516 - 528 - General Manager's papers
2) Files Titled Staffing - Individual School Files [Name of School].
Records containing information relating to adults will be restricted for 75 years from the date of the last action on the file for reasons of personal privacy under section (9) (2) (a) of the Official Information Act .
3) Records Concerning Children
Records containing information relating to children are restricted for 100 years from the date of the last action on the file for reasons of personal privacy under section (9) (2) (a) of the Official Information Act.
3) Preservation Access Statement
Some records are protected under section 49(1)(a) of the Public Records Act 2005.
Photographs and artworks require that gloves are worn when viewing.
Slides are not issuable due to physical format. Also acetate and nitrate films and magnetic media (such as VHS recordings) are not issuable due to their technical formats. Contact Archives New Zealand for permission to view or the availability of alternative access provisions. Viewing is by appointment only.
1) Requests to access records marked as restricted on the list should be referred to: Manager Information Services Ministry of Education PO Box 1666 Wellington
2) Requests to access records marked as restricted on the list should be referred to: Manager Information Services Ministry of Education PO Box 1666 Wellington
3) For further enquiries regarding preservation restrictions or permission to access the records, please contact: Access Services, Archives New Zealand, PO Box 12 050, Wellington
read more about restrictions…
Once you have been granted access, bring the original letter with you when you place your order for the records.
Restriction does not expire.