This record (R20591837) is held in Archives New Zealand, Christchurch Office  · Order this item to view in this Office


Record Information print this page

Title Years
Session 1 - Papers and Returns not recorded in the Journal of Proceedings - Papers concerning the furnishing of returns by the Commissioner of Crown Lands - 9 Nov 1853 (R20591837) 1853 - 1853

Item ID Agency Series Accession Record group Box / Item Sep Record no. Part Alternative no. Record type
R20591837 CAAR 20410 CH287 CP 584 / b PPC 16 Text



FURTHER DETAILS OF THIS RECORD

RECORD SERIES period responsible
20410
Papers of the [Canterbury] Provincial Council more detail…

This series comprises documents directly concerned with the deliberations of the Canterbury Provincial Council. It includes items presented to or by the Council, but not behind the scenes deliberations.

go VIEW THE FULL DESCRIPTION
go VIEW ALL RECORDS BELONGING TO THIS »

1853 - 1875

CONTROLLING AGENCY / DEPARTMENT period responsible
AERA
Canterbury Museum more detail…

The Canterbury Museum was formally founded by the Canterbury Provincial Government in 1867, but had existed informally has a special project of Julius von Haast for some years earlier. Under Haast's leadership the Museum quickly became one of the leading institutions of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere. It remains one of Canterbury's foremost heritage institutions, and as well as maintaining extensive holdings of objects from Canterbury and around the world, it also has a large collecting archive of private papers, diaries and other personal records.


1958 - 1990
CBCM
Canterbury Provincial Government Office, Christchurch more detail…

Representative government in the New Zealand colony was granted in a decentralised form under the provisions of the New Zealand Constitution Act 1852, which established the Provincial Government of Canterbury.The boundaries of the province originally stretched across the Alps to include the West Coast below the Grey River, known as 'West Canterbury'. The administrative hub of the province comprised the Christchurch offices of the provincial secretary and other departments reporting directly to the superintendent.


1853 - 1877
ADBG
Land Office, Canterbury more detail…

The Land Office in Canterbury was charged with the administration of lands within the Canterbury Land District.


1877 - 1892
CAAR
Department of Lands and Survey, Christchurch District Office more detail…

The Department of Lands and Survey, Christchurch District Office, carried out the statutory functions and responsibilities of the Department of Lands and Survey, by undertaking for the Canterbury Region -



  • the administration of legislation dealing with land allied matters

  • the administration of  the policy and the provision of executive and advisory services, for the Land Settlement Board, the National Parks and Reserves Authority, and the Walkways Commission and to service the Nature Conservation Council and the QEII National Trust.

  • all basic local survey and mapping requirements and the provision of specific survey, mapping and planning services to Government, where appropriate.



1892 - 1958
AATJ
Ministry of Economic Development, Head Office more detail…


The Ministry of Commerce was the successor to the domestic commerce function of the former Department of Trade and Industry. The purpose of the new Ministry was to help New Zealanders prosper. The Ministry's functions related to virtually all aspects of the economy and ranged from general micro-economic issues common to all markets through to sector specific issues in energy, information technology, manufacturing, and the administration of programmes and regulatory functions. In February 2000, the Ministry of Commerce's responsibilities and functions were expanded and transferred to the new Ministry of Economic Development. The Ministry of Economic Development was part of the Government's Regional and Economic Development Programme. Central to the new Ministry was the creation of Industry New Zealand, a Crown Entity that would implement industry and regional development policy. In July 2012 the Ministry of Economic Development was merged into the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.



1877 - 1958

   OPEN ACCESS

Anyone can order this record. It may be viewed at the office shown below, or a copy ordered.
ENQUIRE ABOUT THIS ITEM
Pricing information is not available for this item.

ARRANGE TO VIEW THIS ITEM IN THIS OFFICE
Record Location:

Archives New Zealand, Christchurch Regional Office
15 Harvard Avenue
Wigram
Christchurch 8042

Ph: 03 377 0760
Email: christchurch.archives@dia.govt.nz


  
top

Version Number: 6
Date Approved: 02/10/2017