Access conditions for series 16036 are being reviewed for consistency with similar records held by Archives New Zealand. The restriction period for some items may be amended. Meanwhile, access conditions applying to series 869 also apply to this series. These access conditions include:
- Files relating to adoptions and mental patients are restricted indefinitely. Where the title of the file includes the name of the person concerned, the file description has been removed from the public list.
- Files containing personal information are restricted for 40 years from the date of the last paper on the file, or 100 years from the date of the person's birth, whichever is longer. The following file number sequences are restricted on these grounds:
5/160 - 5/4023
10/200 - 10/6513
11/129 - 11/3183
15/1/1 - 15/1/1263
15/2/7 - 15/2/489
15/3/8 - 15/3/821
15/4/6 - 15/4/358
15/5/3 - 15/5/200
15/6/38 - 15/6/140
15/7/1 - 15/7/9
26/40/130 - 26/40/199
27/1/- (all files)
30/7/- (all files)
32/4/1 - 32/4/204
32/5/1 - 32/5/488
47/2/33 - 47/2/143
54/27/1/1 - 54/27/837
- 57/1 Education: General and Policy files include scholarship applications and are restricted for 70 years from date of file closure, for reasons of personal privacy.
- 58/ and 60/ - 68/ Land Development files are restricted for 70 years from date of file closure.
- 54/ files from the Maori Trustee are restricted for 70 years from date of file closure.
- 30/ and 44/- Housing files are restricted for 70 years from date of file closure.
Note on Burnt Files:
Some records in this series may have fire damage. These burnt files are generally not issuable for preservation reasons. To request access to these records, please contact Research Services, Archives New Zealand.
Requests for access to general Maori Affairs files should be addressed to:
Chief Information Officer
Te Puni Kokiri
PO Box 3943
Central telephone: +64 4 819 6000
Central email: email@example.com
Requests for access to Maori Trustee records should be addressed to:
General Operations Manager
Te Tumu Paeroa, Maori Trust Office
PO Box 5038
Freephone: 0800 943 682
Central office telephone:+64 4 474 4600
Central office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Restriction does not expire.