Court Schedule restrictions apply (AA231 and AA43/AA886).
1. Criminal Records (including Judge's Notebooks and Children's Court records) are covered by AA231 and AA886 - In general, records containing information relating to criminal matters will no longer be restricted after 100 years has passed since the date of last action on the record. However, some records, or parts of records, may be sealed or restricted for longer periods by a court order.
Access to criminal records less than 100 years old may be subject to restrictions. Such restrictions would be applied to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993 and/or the Criminal Records (Clean Slate) Act 2004, as well as other legislation which controls access to court records
2. Adoption Files are restricted permanently.
3. Maintenance Books are restricted for 100 years from date of last action.
4. Court Minute books may contain adoption information, and so are restricted indefinitely.
5. Licensing Minute books and case files are restricted for 60 years from date of last action.
6. Bankruptcy case files are restricted for 60 years from date of last action.
7. Civil records (files and record books) are restricted for 60 years from date of last action. Civil indexes are not restricted.
Access to records
Permission to access restricted records should be sought from the Hawera District Court. Please check the Ministry of Justice’s website for the most up to date contact details at:
read more about restrictions…
Once you have been granted access, bring the original letter with you when you place your order for the records.
Restriction does not expire.