The South Auckland Education Board was established in 1953 following the splitting up of the Auckland Education Board area. On 16 December 1982, following the enactment of the Education Amendment Act No. 2 (1982) the South Auckland District changed to 'Hamilton' and the former South Auckland Education Board became the Hamilton Education Board.
The responsibilities and powers of the Education Boards included: the administration of primary schools within defined districts with funds provided by the Education Department. This included maintenance of buildings, payment of salaries, school transport contracts and assistance when required. The Boards were also provided with the power to appoint and remove teachers as appropriate as well as the provision of school libraries and scholarships.
In November 1989 the Board was disestablished.
South Auckland Education Board
see more …
- Education Act 1964
- Education Amendment (No 2) Act 1982
- Education Board Administration Regulations 1979
- Education Board Grant Regulations 1979
- Education Lands Act 1949
- Fees and Travelling Allowances Act 1951
- Local Authorities (Members' Interests) Act 1968
- Official Information Act 1982
- Private Schools Conditional Integration Act 1975
- Public Bodies Contracts Act 1959
- Public Bodies Meetings Act 1962