The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment was responsible for providing policy advice to the Government on matters relating to economic development and business growth, the labour market, health and safety, immigration, science and technology innovation, building and construction, and consumer rights. It also managed the Crown Mineral Estate (the oil, mineral, gas and coal resources of the New Zealand Government), and New Zealand's radio frequency spectrum.
The Ministry also monitored companies, incorporated socieities, charitable trusts, friendly societies and credit unions, limited partnerships, and retirement villages; and was the regulator for the safe supply and use of electricity and gas; product and service safety standards and consumer information standards; intellectual property rights; work place health and safety, and fairness in businesses and workplaces.
see more …
- Accident Compensation Act 2001
- Atomic Energy Act 1945
- Auctioneers Act 1928
- Auditor Regulation Act 2011
- Building Act 2004
- Building Research Levy Act 1969
- Building Societies Act 1965
- Business Development Boards Act Repeal Act 2003
- Canterbury Earthquake (Building Act) Order 2010 (SR 2010/315)
- Carriage of Goods Act 1979
- Chartered Professional Engineers of New Zealand Act 2002